Sunday 22 March 2009

Welcome!!

New hobby, new site. What the hell is a Kettlebell Experience anyway?

Only kidding, I love my kettlebells and I'm sure a bit further down the road I'll be incorporating them back into my training. But they are no longer the mainstay of my training so I felt I needed to change the name, and yes, ANOTHER new logo.

I plan on keeping things simple on here, no more long ramblings on strength and methodologies that I'm prone to. Just a record of my training and a wee bit of craic. I've started keeping a physical training journal as I just find them easy to see a glance how you are progressing. I'll still be keeping this up-to-date as well as hopefully adding some video of my progress (once I can lift worth a damn, oh, and get a recorder!).

So just for the record I started Olympic Weightlifting about 2 weeks ago. My trainer Maurice has me doing a basic generalised routine for the first 4 weeks or so to "get me fit to lift". So far my best ever in snatch is 45kgs and 65kgs in the clean and jerk.

I want to hit those goals stated across to your right, but in acheiving them I expect increased strength in a host of other lifts, increases in flexibility, speed, jumping, throwing and better body composition.

No comments:

Post a Comment