Monday 27 April 2009

KB Clinic

Roles were reversed today and I found myself giving a bit of instruction on the Kettlebells to Maurice. Given the plethora of things that you can with them I just stuck to the RKC basics and went through the big six - Swings, TGUs, Cleans, Presses, Snatches and Front Squat. Also as I was exaulting their restorative powers for the shoulders I showed him some Arm Bars and Windmills.

First time I picked them up for a few months, but boy did they feel good. Especially the arm bars and windmills, got good stretches in all sorts of places.

I think Maurice was both impressed and surprised with them. He was saying how they uncovered all his weaknesses in one breath and then wanting to talk to the leisure centre manager about getting them in the next. I was a little surprised by how much more fluid I was than him, its easy to forget how long I've been doing them now. But he was starting to "get" the swing when we wrapped it up and consequently his clean got a lot better too.

Nothing structured or tough today but he could see how it got the heart thumping. Wait until Wednesday when I take the gym boss over for a little circuit. ;)

2 comments:

  1. Poor Maurice. Don't hurt him Colin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow! I hope you're not gonna have Maurice doing any MaxVo2 snatch.

    Very wise to take a week off .. much harder than to do than over-training.

    ReplyDelete