Thursday 30 April 2009

Oly Lifting and KBs

Was back over at Maurice's garage yesterday (Wednesday) for a quick spot of KB action. Short and sweet.

TGU - 2 x 3/3 @ 16kgs
MP - 3 x 3/3 @ 16kgs
Windmills - 3/3 @ 16kgs

Sw/Sn - 2 x 3 mins @ 24kgs 15 on 15 off

Waiter walks 16kgs

My shoulders felt great after this. Everything was done well within limits, though the swings and snatches still got me puffing. Maurice stuck with the swings and I took a towel for him to use to show how he needed to use his hips to generate the swing. Too much back and arms previously.

The way he speeds through the barbell exercises he gets a bit of conditioning anyway.....but nothing like the KB ballistics!! That's why I kept it really short, I didn't want a death on my hands.

Might focus on some leg stuff tomorrow - SLDL, F Squat maybe even jump squats, jump shrugs. I read through RKC book again and there is a section on using KBs to aid weightlifting. I think that doing some OH Squats will help my flexibilty issues and also the OH Lunge would be good for helping my Split Jerk recoveries. Aside from this I have been wanting 5 or 10 mins of swings/snatches a couple of times a week. But only when I feel they won't lead to over training. I don't think it takes much for me to be honest.

No comments:

Post a Comment