Tuesday 26 May 2009

Short and Sweet

20 mins session with the bar and some home made bumbers round at Maurice's garage - total weight was 27.5kgs. This was a skill practice session, I needed to be fast and precise. It was also to give me a few cues for when it comes around to the comp on saturday.

Power Cleans
Split Cleans
Split Jerks (without any dip)
Snatch Grip High Pulls / Split Snatches

I did plenty of sets of between 3-5 reps on each exercise and I was puffing like a train. I felt more aggressive/committed in each of the phases as I tried to get timing and technique down. Of course it is easy to do this with no weight, but I have another session tomorrow in which I'd like to show the same stuff.

Maurice has talked me out of shelling out a load of cash for gear which I am grateful. He said he'd lend me a singlet type thing too....I'm grateful but apprehensive!!

2 comments:

  1. Mouse here,
    Photos of you and the singlet would be considered compulsory in some circles!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've competed twice so far both times with shorts and T-shirt .. no singlet yet.

    Goodluck and have a blast. Seeing many seasoned lifters perform smoothly and explosively really motivated me to improve on all aspects. I'm sure the same will happen with you.

    ReplyDelete