Thursday 28 May 2009

Wednesdays Session

Warm Up - Barbell complexes

Snatches - worked up to a pretty easy 47.5kgs
C&Js - worked up to a pretty easy 65kgs

I think these will be my starting weights tomorrow and hopefuly get me off to a solid start. My C&J has been a bit erratic and while I've lifted 10kgs more I could easily fail 3 at 70kgs on some days. So the plan is to start a good bit lower and then maybe take bigger jumps, we'll see on the day. But it is my first competition so I'm not holding out for PR's across the board, just want to enjoy the experience really.

I'm also wondering now if I might be able to duck out of wearing this singlet like you have been able to get away with so far Franklin. I'm sure that Maurice will be milling around with his camera and I don't know if the world is ready for me wearing one of Maurice's old singlets from yester-year. God knows what its like....it might even have a flap in the back like you'd see in those old westerns!! There has to be some unwritten rule about wearing another mans singlet anyway.

Saying that there is also a LOT of motivation to be had from a pic like that - because if it is really bad I'd work damn hard to look better the next time. Will let you guys know how I get on, and thanks for the support.

1 comment: