Thursday 18 June 2009

R.I.P. Holly

We had to have our dog put down on Monday. She was 9 1/2 years old and in pretty bad shape. Thankfully she went downhill pretty quickly though and wasn't in discomfort for as long as some I have since heard about. I miss her.

My mum wanted to have her buried in her garden and so I set about digging it straight after the vet had gone. I've got to say it was a pretty therapeutic process, upsetting at points but something I think all owners should do.

Anyway, during the digging I messed up my hands and my left hand in particular. I've torn large chunks of skin off the palm and as such I haven't been fit to use it for training. I've also been eating a lot of rubbish this week as well. I need to get my act together and will probably go out for a run later to just do something.

Haven't heard back from Maurice yet though I think he was back earlier in the week. The problem is that I am making big changes in my working life which will involve me being on call. I'm not sure I can really commit to training at a certain time for an hour anymore. I'll play it by ear at this stage but I may just have to train myself for a while again. It would mean that I'd have to use only the barest basic exercises for the Oly Lifts and would have to be flexible and use the KBs when weather wouldn't permit.

But you just have to roll with it. Take it on the chin and keep moving onwards and upwards.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear about the loss of your dog. A few months I had to put down my one-month shy of 14 year old lab .. I was busted up for days.

    Also, too bad about not being able to train regularly with Maurice. If your schedule does get more predictable I hope you will resume your previous training template.

    ReplyDelete